Joint Operations is working in partnership with Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust to provide Fresh Frozen Femoral Heads to UK hospitals.
The donated allografts are from UK living donors, harvested during Total Hip Replacement (THR) surgery in Wrightington Hospital, then processed within Wrightington itself.
All donated Femoral Heads go through the same process, a culmination of 30 years’ NHS experience and expertise.
Harvesting Process – Best practice with 30 years experience
- Consent for donation is obtained from the patient
- Bloods are taken 4-5 hours prior to surgery for donation matching purposes
- All bloods are tested for HIV I & II, Hep B, Hep C, HTLV and Syphilis
- Each MEDFOR pot is batch number recorded
- Throughout the process, all procedures are signed, dated and time recorded
- Every acceptable donation is signed off by Mr Purbach, WWHT Designated Individual
- UK Distribution by Joint Operations, one of the UK’s leading Tissue Banks