Joint Operations is working with Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust to provide Fresh Frozen Femoral Heads to UK hospitals.
The donated allografts are from UK living donors, harvested during Total Hip Replacement (THR) surgery in Wrightington Hospital, then processed within Wrightington itself.
All donated Femoral Heads go through the same process, a culmination of 30 years of NHS experience and expertise.
Harvesting Process – Best practice with 30 years of experience
- Consent for donation is obtained from the patient
- Blood is taken 4-5 hours before surgery for donation matching purposes
- All blood is tested for HIV I & II, Hep B, Hep C, HTLV and Syphilis
- Each MEDFOR pot is batch number recorded
- Throughout the process, all procedures are signed, dated, and time recorded.
- Mr Purbach signs off every acceptable donation, WWHT Designated Individual.
- UK Distribution by Joint Operations, one of the UK’s leading Tissue Banks